Exhibitos, Vendors, and Much More
Early descriptions of the Shenandoah County Fair describe the exhibits, and the large two story building they were displayed in, as the center of the event. Machinery, carriages, cakes, breads, jellies, wines, quits, rugs, and many other items were available.
Ever since then, the fair has continued to include exhibitors, many of which return year after year. Some of the various types are:
- Businesses throughout the region advertising their products
- Vendors with their wares
- Farmers displaying their harvests and competing for prizes such as largest pumpkin, best ear of corn, and most attractive bale of hay
- Community groups and non-profits advertising their services
- Residents exhibiting their artwork, photographs, culinary creations, and domestic items
- Food vendors selling a wide array of tasty treats
Despite the changing faces, and some changes in what they've brought, over the past 100 years of the fair these exhibitors have remained a central part of the Shenandoah County Fair.