Shenandoah County Library Archives

Shenandoah County Library Digital Archives

Browse Items (24 total)
Photograph of a group of unidentified people standing around a stone memorial with a large billboard behind them that has an illustration of a large building on it.
Photograph of the National Bank of Woodstock building located on the corner of E. Court and N. Main Streets in Woodstock. Vintage automobiles are visible on the left and right of the image.
Wender's Clothing Store located at 103 S. Main Street in Woodstock. It was housed in the G.W. Koontz building. Two unidentified men are visible in front of the store.
Photograph of a vehicle at a service station in Woodstock Virginia.

This building stands on W. Court Street. It was constructed sometime before 1899 and housed various businesses including a bicycle shop, harness shop, and service station.…
Photograph of the Pure Food Store which was located next to the A & P in Woodstock.
Photograph of Shockey Flat with gas pumps and an unidentified man out front. This building was located on Main Street in the area of the current town office in Woodstock.
Photograph of the A & P Grocery store in Woodstock.
Panoramic shot of a wooden building, fenced yard, and valley vista behind it.
Photograph of a photograph showing the office building at Liberty Furnace.

The two story office building was part of the complex of structures used at this iron furnace facility located west of Edinburg Virginia.

It was demolished in 1998.
Image of several unidentified farm buildings taken from across a field.
Photograph of unidentified entrance to large building with two-story, columned front porch. Wide steps lead from the foreground to the door.
Unidentified outbuilding showing two doors and a wall covered with ivy and other fauna.
Unidentified brick building with closed and shuttered windows, two chimneys, and two floors with a basement level also visible.
Unidentified brick structure with three shuttered windows across the front. A white picket fence extends from the building to the foreground of the picture, and a wooden-wheeled cart is visible on the left side.
Photograph of a photograph showing an unidentified shed on the edge of a cultivated field.
Unidentified storefront, possibly empty, including a door and display window. Decorative millwork and trim are visible above both the door and the window. Reflection in the window hints at a main street somewhere.
Large 2-story structure, possibly a home or a school, with picket fence.
Damaged photograph showing railcars and the rear of the Strasburg Steam Flouring Mill in Strasburg Virginia.

Strasburg Steam Flouring Mills occupied the area at 390 East King Street and its parking lot. Original mill buildings stood at the back…
Unidentified man standing beside small structure.
The second Maurertown School was built in 1911 and replaced a one room schoolhouse nearby. This school was built south of town on the east side of Rt. 11. It served the community until 1941, when it was sold to James Bowers who turned it into a fruit…
School building beside a dirt road and with basketball hoop visible on the right. The word, "Conicville" was written on the glass plate.
Photograph of a building with "Garage" painted over the open bay door.
Heavily damaged photo of an unidentified building

Photograph showing several unidentified men working with crops and farm equipment in front of a silo and barn.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2