Shenandoah County Library Archives

Shenandoah County Library Digital Archives

Browse Items (133 total)

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard474.jpg
Postcard showing a picture of the Edinburg Volunteer Fire Company's building on Main Street in Edinburg Virginia. Printed to main as part of a fund drive campaign.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard467.jpg
Postcard with a picture of downtown Edinburg Virginia and a greeting by the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard421.jpg
Color postcard showing the Whissen Mill which was located just east of Edinburg Virginia along Stoney Creek.

It was one of two mills in the Town of Edinburg that survived the Civil War. Originally constructed in 1817 by Joseph Wissen, it burned…

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard424.jpg
Postcard with a picture of the Whissen Mill located between Edinburg and Woodstock Virginia located on Stoney Creek.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard461.jpg
Postcard with a picture of an unknown man on a horse in Edinburg Virginia.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard488.jpg
Color postcard showing the swimming pool at the Cave Spring resort which was located south of Edinburg.

The card includes a description of the resort.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard485.jpg
Postcard showing a picture of the Mountain View Cottage Camp located in Bowman's Crossing. It operated from ca. 1920 until ca. 2000.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard460.jpg
Postcard showing a picture of the "Homestead" located in Edinburg Virginia.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard477.jpg
Postcard with a photograph of the "Locust Grove Inn" located in Edinburg Virginia.

00000001 - Copy.jpg
Photograph showing two volunteers stocking shelves at the Edinburg Community Library, ca. 1980. At the time the library was located in the former Irvin Building on what is now Piccadilly Street.

18-0807002.jpg
Advertisement card for the "Shenandoah Valley Antique Show & Sale" to be held July 10 & 11, 1989 at the Edinburg School Auditorium in Edinburg Virginia.

19-0228001.jpg
Letter sent from the Pastor and Consistory of the Edinburg Charge of the Evangelical and Reformed Church to congregational members concerning Easter week services and church events. The letter is dated March 17, 1949

22-0111-001.jpg
Photograph showing the "Portal Staff" at Edinburg High School. The image appeared in the school's 1959 yearbook, "Hi-Lights."

Portal staff were responsible for designing and producing the school's yearbook.

Pictured are Phyllis Benedict,…

21-0308-001.jpg
Publication produced by the Edinburg Lion's Club for the 1953-1954 year.

The publication includes a list of membership, their officers, objectives, and committee assignments.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard483.jpg
1965 postcard with a photograph of the "Grand View Motel-Edinburg, Virginia."

The motel is located at what is known as Bowman's Crossing. The dates when the motel opened and closed is unknown. Today it is used as apartments.

01.jpg
Program for movies shown at the Edinburg Theatre during the week of October 18, 1937. They included New Faces of 1937, One Man Justice, You Can't Have Everything, Born to Dance, and The Outcasts of Poker Flat.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard437.jpg
Postcard with a picture of the Locust Grove Inn located near Edinburg Virginia.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard459.jpg
Postcard showing a picture of a man and a water pump in Edinburgh Virginia.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard475.jpg
Photographic postcard showing a Bird's-eye view of Edinburg Virginia. The card is dated 1907,

20-0813-001.jpg
Invoice issued to the "Corporation of Edinburg" by H.A. Whissen & Brothers, manufacturers of flour, feel, and meal.

The invoice is dated September 6, 1906 and is for $5.35 worth of items purchased between December 1905 and August 1906.

00000001 - Copy.jpg
Photograph showing the Edinburg Baseball Team in 1949. Pictured from left to right are:

First row: Bat Boy Donald "Doc" Steadman and dog

Second row: Cocky Rinker, Bud Moomaw, Pod Orndorff, Joe Swartz, Teddy Fleming, Glenn "Jiggs"…

18-0612-001.jpg
Edinburg Fire Company "Soiree Minstrels" show held on April 3rd and 4th 1931. Show directed by Stanley Murray and Mrs. George W. Ring Jr. Photograph taken by Hugh Morrison of Woodstock Virginia. The show was held in the Edinburg Theater.

19-0808-001.jpg
Undated cabinet card photograph labeled "Ella." It was produced by the Irwin Photo Co. of Edinburg Virginia.

18-0807013.jpg
Postcard mailed to Saum & Brothers Store in Edinburg Virginia ordering a pair of sleigh runners. The order was placed by Joseph Hawkins of Hawkinstown Virginia.

http://classic.countylib.org/hp/herbparkerpostcard438.jpg
Color postcard with a picture of the Inn at Narrow Passage located between Woodstock and Edinburg Virginia. The Inn is described as a log bed and breakfast built in the 1740s overlooking the Shenandoah River.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2