Shenandoah County Library Archives

Shenandoah County Library Digital Archives

Gulf Station, Woodstock Virginia

Files

http://10.10.10.10/zach/Morrison03000jpg/03933.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Gulf Station, Woodstock Virginia

Subject

Automobile service stations - Virginia - Woodstock
Woodstock (Va)

Description

Photograph of the Gulf Service Station in Woodstock Virginia.
Advertisements for “Gulf Tires” and “Gulfpride” fuel are visible. Two groups of unidentified men are also visible.
The station was located on the west side of US Route 11 in the 100 block of N. Main Street. As of 2022, the site was the home of a gazebo in front of the Woodstock Town Office.
This structure was originally constructed by Bernie Borden in the 1930s. It closed ca. 1960 and became the home of the Woodstock Police Department until being razed.
Visible to the rear of the building is a garage that was originally home to Peer and Brill Motors, a local Ford dealership. This structure was later used as the Shenandoah County School Bus Garage before being purchased by the Town of Woodstock and converted into their Town Office ca. 1960.

Creator

Morrison Studio

Source

Morrison Studio Collection - Shenandoah County Historical Society

Publisher

Shenandoah County Library

Date

ca 1930's

Contributor

Identified by James E. Morrison, Sr. who remembered the site (which also used to be the DMV and Woodstock Police Department at one time).

Rights

IN COPYRIGHT - NON-COMMERCIAL USE PERMITTED

Identifier

3933

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Glass Negative

Citation

Morrison Studio, “Gulf Station, Woodstock Virginia,” Shenandoah County Library Archives, accessed February 6, 2023, http://archives.countylib.org/items/show/31763.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>