Shenandoah County Library Archives

Shenandoah County Library Digital Archives

Dry Run

Files

http://10.10.10.10/zach/SCHS016.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Dry Run

Subject

Dry Run (Va)
Fort Valley (Va)

Description

Scan of a photograph showing an aerial view of the Dry Run area in Fort Valley Virginia on April 15, 1936. This shows what is today the intersection of Fort Valley Road and Dry Run road.

Visible on the left corner of the intersection is the Union Church at Dry Run, also called the Old Brick Church, which now houses the Fort Valley Museum. It was built in and operated as a church until 1949.

To the rear and right of the Union Church is Trinity Church which was founded as a conservative Brethren denomination in 1904. It operated in the community until 2008 when it also became part of the Fort Valley Museum.

Source

Shenandoah County Historical Society Digital Collection

Publisher

Shenandoah County Library

Date

April 15, 1936

Contributor

Original image donated for scanning by Carolyn Boyer Kramer.

Rights

Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial (CC-BY-NC)

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Original Format

Photograph

Citation

“Dry Run,” Shenandoah County Library Archives, accessed February 21, 2024, https://archives.countylib.org/items/show/8466.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>