Shenandoah County Library Archives

Shenandoah County Library Digital Archives

Browse Items (139 total)

Undated broadside advertising the annual lawn party of the "Young People's Guild of the Edinburg Reformed Church."

Patch bearing the emblem of of the Edinburg Elementary School in Edinburg Virginia.

This peel and stick patch was designed for a jacket or article of clothing.

Photograph of an unidentified man holding a snake at a children's program held at the Shenandoah County Library.

The photograph is undated, but based on contextual information would have been taken in the early 2000s.

Photograph of seven unidentified girls.

The original photograph is labeled "Beside still waters 12 noon, Sept 26 1918. Confluence of Stony Creek and Shenandoah River." This would have been located in Edinburg Virginia.

Based on other…

Photograph showing the "Portal Staff" at Edinburg High School. The image appeared in the school's 1959 yearbook, "Hi-Lights."

Portal staff were responsible for designing and producing the school's yearbook.

Pictured are Phyllis Benedict,…
Photograph of C. P. Hisey, pharmacist in Edinburg. C. P. Hisey was married to Emma Evans, whose family owned two houses in Edinburg on the corner of Main and Center Streets. C. P. Hisey's pharmacy was located in one of these houses.
Portrait of Walter Bennett Davis, Sr. wearing a suit and sitting on a bench with his legs crossed. Walter lived in Edinburg with his wife, Ellen Arline Allen Davis, and children, William Spencer Davis Sr., Jean Allen Davis, and Robert Nicholas Davis.…
Photograph of Stanley Tobias Clem (on the left) with his arm around an unidentified buddy. Both men are wearing U.S. Army uniforms. Stanley Clem served in WWII with the Army Air Corps in occupied Germany.
Photograph of James Moreland of Edinburg, Virginia, holding his rifle and standing beside a his recent kill, a deer.
Carroll Burner (left) shown with an unidentified friend. Mr. Burner grew up in Edinburg and, in 2003, worked as a house painter in Quicksburg, Virginia.
This photograph shows Timothy Lehmann Jr, then of Edinburg Virginia. The plate is dated March 19 1949 and labeled "For Tim Lehmann."

Timothy Lehmann Jr. was born September 11 1906 in Baltimore Maryland. He graduated from Ohio State University…
School photo of Anna Lee Hite. She had a brother named Richard Hite (Richmond, VA) and a sister named Hilda Ziegler (Woodstock).
Portrait of Pearl Merkley Mullins. She attended Christian Church in Edinburg.
Portrait of Betty Weaver, daughter of Jack Weaver of Edinburg, Virginia.
Wilbur and Claudetta Dellinger as children. Their parents were Clyde Dellinger and Esther Foltz, who lived on Senedo Road in Edinburg.

Broadside for the "Public Sale of Personal Property" from the estate of "Mrs P.C. Holler" (Letitia Bell Hollar) to be held on June 16 1951 at her home in Edinburg Virginia.

The auction was conducted by auctioneer Charles Goltz under the direction…

Statement issued by the Shenandoah Co-Operative Farm Bureau to the Edinburg Hatchery for items purchased during the month of November 1939.

Photograph showing an unidentified individual with bicycle in front of the Pearl White Theater.

The theater was located on Main Street in Edinburg.

The photograph is undated.

Photograph showing an unidentified woman walking along Main Street in Edinburg Virginia.

The photograph is facing north. An advertisement sign for "The Homestead Coffee Shoppe" is visible in the foreground.

The photograph is undated, but…

Photograph showing the railroad bridge crossing Stoney Creek in Edinburg after it was destroyed by a fire.

The photograph is undated, but the fire occurred on August 2, 1915.

Letter sent from the Superintendent of the Railway Mail Service to the Shenandoah Iron & Coal Company in Liberty Furnace Virginia.

The letter notes the Postal Department had approved delivery of mail using the company's rail line between Edinburg…

20210302_130954 Copy.jpg
Photograph of Esther Catherine Foltz Miller.

Published in the Shenandoah Herald on June 26, 1969 as part of their "Country Kitchens" series.

Esther was born April 18, 1911 to Barney and Katie Virginia Foltz. She married Raymond F. Miller on…

Publication produced by the Edinburg Lion's Club for the 1953-1954 year.

The publication includes a list of membership, their officers, objectives, and committee assignments.

Evelyn Sheetz Williams.jpg
1974 photograph of Evelyn Sheetz Williams, a resident of Shenandoah County Virginia.

Pamphlet produced for a "Masonic Banquet" held at the Riverside Tea Room on June 25, 1924.

This banquet appears to include representation from the Mt. Jackson Lodge, the Hunter Lodge in Edinburg Virginia, and the Cassia Lodge in Woodstock…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2